Making A Comeback To Recovery
There is a looming concern about relapse by recovering patients after rehabilitation. You can restart your journey of living drug-free in case you have relapsed.
Even if you are completely committed to stay drug-free and work tirelessly toward that goal, the risk of relapsing is real and can become a reality.
Many people experience feelings of shame and regret after a relapse has occurred. Rather than the continuous struggle against dependence and the temptation to reuse, one may opt to cave in.
Up to 60% of patients trying to recover have a relapse at some point on the process.
Notwithstanding the setback, this should be treated as an opportunity to regroup and re-evaluate the plan in order to bounce back stronger and better. A better plan to complete rehabilitation can be formulated when one search intensively for the main determinant of the regression.
Why Did The Relapse Happen
This is one incident that is usually very disappointing when it occurs. There is usually that urge to return to the use of drugs when someone has become clean for sometime.
You can prevent relapse if you are aware of the warning signs.
Our experts can find the most appropriate rehab program for you, so contact us today on 0800 772 3971.
Some of these warning signals are
- Not Being Serious About Your Sobriety
- Regression is more probable when there is no strong devotion to maintaining abstinence for a prolonged duration.
- You can stay sober only if you put a lot of hard work and you should be ready for that.
- Going for counselling sessions and registering with the 12-step programs is one sure way through which you can effectively recover from the addiction.
- Not Being In An Addiction Group
- A strong support system is often the main difference between relapsing and continuing recovery unhindered.
- Finding a positive helpline is very crucial to your success.
- You can engage in different activities and hobbies and even seek the guidance of your close relatives and friends as you try to recover.
- You Should Want To Quit For Yourselves
- Some patients were just talked out and forced to rehab without really having the clear intentions for themselves to get well.
- The risks of a relapse increase significantly unless the individual truly wants to quit for themselves.
- Lack Of Readiness For After Rehabilitation
- One needs to know how they plan on carrying on with their life after they have recovered so that they are not tempted to get back to alcohol.
- A few factors like a broken household, bad companionship, loneliness and deleterious habits are to be noted as hindrances to abstinence.
- The ability to immediately recognize a trigger can mean relapse and live another day of being sober.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
The Actions To Take After Relapse
On the other hand, you must go back to rehab if you are taking drugs regularly.
When you undergo rehab again, you are likely to be asked to join cognitive behavioural therapy to address the root causes of relapse and to equip you with strategies to manage triggers in a positive manner in future. Artistry and songs can be used in treatment, resting techniques; exercises and horse psychotherapy are among the additional treatments.
The primary objective would be to determine whether you are required to rehab once again. Sometimes you don't have to check back to a rehab if you had gone back to using alcohol.
When you enter rehab after experiencing a relapse, stronger emphasis should be on helping you to smoothly transition back to real life. A clean environment with availability of support groups is the best option for someone who has just come out of rehab. Anticipation of sustenance of management by regular clinic visitation after discharge is helpful.
Acquire The Help You Desire
In case your gut feels that you are more likely to relapse post -rehab, it would be best to ask help from your counsellor or support group to address your situation. There are different support groups and rehab facilities offering different approaches of being sober and you can check in with one that fits you perfectly.