Allowable Things To Bring Inside The Treatment Facility
After deciding to enrol for a rehab it is essential to understand the kind of items you will be allowed to bring into the centres along with any private items which the treatment centres will not allow.
Some items are prohibited in the rehab centres. These prohibited items will be outlined in a form before come in so you are aware.
The admittance procedure usually starts as soon as you get to the rehab. Part of the procedure is the inspection of your personal effects to make sure that there are no contrabands and other prohibited objects are smuggled in. It is a habit with some centres to prepare a catalogue of the items which you bring in order to ensure that you do not leave anything behind when you leave.
Supplies are permitted in the therapy clinics. The policies on the kind of items you can carry will vary according to the centres.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Knowing The Packing Requirements Of Your Rehab
The rehab will always notify you of all the items that are not allowed in their facility. Alternatively, you can also look for the frequently asked questions [FAQs] section if the page mentioned above does not exist. Although not all centres offer a checklist, some provide the patient in order to prepare them prior to admission. Calling the rehab centre is an option in case you can't find packing information anywhere on the site. They will let you know of all the items. You can also receive clarification on other policies or guidance about the admission process.
Items Most Recommended By Rehab Centres To Bring With You
Set of regulations are severer than others depending on each clinic.
Below are some items that are most recommended
- Names, contact information, and addresses of people you want to be notified or involved in the process whenever required.
- Person ornaments that are used by the person.
- You should not bring costly jewellery items with you.
- You can carry an alarm clock which does not have a radio.
- In other facilities, all necessities are provided and you are required to bring only yourself.
- Existing prescription medication should have complete and accurate labels and original container.
- Any medicine in liquid form must be new and sealed.
- It is also important to provide a list of all your medications and prescribed quantities.
- Some cash can also be carried in small amounts £50-£100 in smaller bills for vending machines and store runs.
- Your check book, credit or debit card for therapy medication expenses.
- Your insurance cards and an ID (driving license, passport, etc.)
- All the contact information that may be used in case of anything.
- Your personal journal.
- Envelopes or stamps in instances where you need to write and mail letters to friends and family.
- Some picture of close relatives and friends.
- You will be provided with reading materials by the rehab centres chosen by you.
- If you wish to carry reading materials for yourselves, you must understand that the subjects must only be on the recovery, self-help and spiritually oriented.
- Small notebook are the best since they are not heavy.
What Clothes For The Centre
It is common for rehabs to have strict dress policy in place and that's why you should check with the centre first. In case you are not aware about how the weather will be like, carry some summer as well as winter clothes with you.
Pack only that many clothes which can be easily accommodated in your room.
You should carry enough clothing for a week because you will have access to a laundry machine within the centres. Clothes that are easily cleaned are the best to carry.
You should bring weather-appropriate clothes for at least 7 days.
- Shoes Comfortable shoes for everyday activities, sports and flip flops for the shower.
- Shirts You need to make sure you bring the shirts that are allowed in that facility, tank tops need to be accompanied by cardigans.
- Pants Comfortable pants fit for any occasion
- Shorts They have to be long enough to comply with the clinic's dress code.
- One or two smart dresses for special occasions.
- Bathing suit One is more than enough.
- A Jacket/Coat.
- A bath robe.
- A hat.
Hygiene And Beauty Products To Take
A number of centres require alcohol-free toiletries and personal products. Some may allow you to bring products, which do not have alcohol within the first three ingredients that are listed. You will not be allowed to carry aerosols.
The beauty products you carry should be enough and they are
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair styling products (pump hair spray only)
- Hair brush
- Hygiene products for women
- Shaving cream
Things You Cannot Bring To The Rehabilitation Centre
All rehabs have strict rules and do not allow certain prohibited items within the centres. These are important to warrant a safe environment that is conducive to your wellness and recovery. Prohibited items vary by the centres but the following items are almost always banned
- Drugs and booze
- Narcotics and prohibited prescriptions
- Weapons [guns, knives, sharp objects, scissors, etc.].
- Food items
- Body sprays with alcohol content
- Unapproved and previously opened medication (even if it is prescribed)
- Nail products
- Video games and movies in any media
- Sporting apparatus
- Revealing attire (tank tops, sleeveless shirts, midriff bearing tops, etc.)
- Cleaning agents like bleach or ammonia
- Any forms of electronic equipment.
- Gaming materials
- Incense and candles
- Clothes with crude statements or photos of drug, violence, or alcohol on them
While you might not expect certain things to be banned, like electronic products and sport equipment, but many centres do not allow them. The recovery procedure usually requires maximum concentration and that is why some items are not allowed. At times, your centre will provide these items
Outside catering is also prohibited because the food you eat needs to be according to the standards. You will be given three meals per day, snacks, and drinks All your diet needs will be fully taken care of by the rehab chefs.
Items Allowed In Some Rehabs But Not In Others
There are clinics that may permit items that are forbidden in others as every centre has its regulations. The list below includes items that are permitted by some centres
- Cell Phone and Laptop
- Access to these items will be restricted even if the rehab chosen by you allows these items.
- The charges should be available in case you are allowed to have one.
- There are facilities that allow patients to bring cigarettes.
- These centres usually have some restrictions regarding the number of cartons you can bring in.
- Vitamins and Over-The-Counter Medications
- These products must be new and unopened.
- Chewing gums
- It must be unopened and sealed.
- Music Players
- You might be permitted to bring along entertainment devices that can work without speakers and internet.
- Some clinics permit cameras without internet connection for those who love pictures.
- Disposable Razor or Electric Razor
- This depends on the rehab facility since it is considered dangerous.
- Most of the times, throwaway razors are permitted.
- Nail Clippers
- Clippers are allowed although some centres consider this as a contraband.
- Items To Make Your Room Feel Like Home
- You may have permission to bring your own bedding, pillows, and objects that help you feel relaxed.
- Just double check with your rehab centre if these are indeed allowed before stuffing them into your luggage.
Will I Retrieve Forbidden Items That I Accidently Take To The Clinic
If you arrive at the centres with some prohibited items without realisation you do not have to remain concerned. You close relative will be advised to go back with these items. In case you got no one with you at the time of admission, they will hold the item for 24 hours until your representative can claim it. Other centres will just keep them for your and return the same once you have cleared the program and leave the centre.
In case you live alone and are planning to check in by yourself. You should check with the centre what items are allowed and what are not before packing. In case you pack something, which is prohibited by mistake you will want to ensure that those items will be returned during some stage. If the centres do not store the items, you can ask them to ship them back for you.
Preparing Your Stuff For Rehab You are just required to follow the policies of the centres and ask plenty of questions if you are unsure about any items. They always have documents that give details of this information. The best thing is to make sure that you have essential stuff with you.
Receive Help Now
You can guarantee yourself a more cosy life while in rehab thanks to the numerous clinics that let you do so. Look for top clinics that can suite your necessities with the support of our therapy experts.
Contact us now on 0800 772 3971 so we can match a centre to your needs.