Finding Addiction Therapy
There are many options of treatment available which allow you to comprehend what generated your addiction and how to develop a recuperation program to keep sober. The devastating impact of dependence on alcohol or a drug is not lost on the victims. When a user accepts they can't manage their addiction by themselves then it is time for them to seek help from a professional counsellor.
Please get in touch with us through our phone line 0800 772 3971 to get a deserving advisory opinion regarding your addiction problem.
Counselling is one of the vital components in a treatment program.
Counsellor's guidance is essential to the success of addiction treatment to ensure the patient is on the right path. If you live in the rehab centre, you will have access to a good number of programs that are designed to allow you overcome your addiction successfully.
What Is The Role Of An Addiction Counsellor
You need assistance of professional addiction counsellor to identify the cause of your inclination to drug or alcohol addiction, become aware of stimulants and manage to stay sober over long periods of time to overcome addiction.
Inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend on individual and group counselling information to prescribe the right treatment.
Group treatments are best handled by addiction counsellors through engagement of patients family members and other addicts in participation.
The possible contribution of family members through an unhealthy attachment may come up during such a group session. Being able to identify the factors and triggers, the concerned parties can then proceed with caution and avert any possible reasons for relapse.
The functions of addiction advisers;
- Provide patients who are under medical care with moral aid to facilitate their recovery.
- Identifying the addiction problem by using one to one therapy sessions.
- The addict is tested for drug use from time to time.
- Depending on your health requirements, advisers set therapy scheme for the purpose of your recovery.
- Assisting you develop an aftercare plan based on the care applicable to you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Qualities Of A Professional Addiction Adviser
Developing specialized programs that will meet the basic needs of each addict is his responsibility. A good listener and professional in dealing with the patient.
Having trust in each other is an important ingredient that will lead to the success of the program, and that is the objective of first discussion with the counsellor.
Having established an environment of trust and understanding, it makes easier for the patient to openly discuss anything about his situation. Understanding the background of the patient assists the counsellor to steer recovery program to desired outcome. This section of the treatment is important since, without diagnosing the latent issue, a durable recovery is not probable.
Additionally, a great therapist will be capable to identify and treat each co-occurring psychological health conditions. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
What Types Of Therapy Are Available
Widespread addiction has ushered innovative tailor made interventions to supplement traditional methods of treatment programs. Some of these healing programs are
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- This type of biofeedback therapy is commonly employed in addiction recovery where brain activities are monitored and patients are taught how to regulate them.
- Patients are guided through this technology to control their thinking so as to overtake the mental pressure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- The psychologically disabled people and abusers can be treated using CTB since it centres on the brain, attitudes and relationship.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In the case of dual diagnosis the overall objective of using DBT treatment is to assist the patient gain self-confidence in handling stressful situations and to stay focused on healthy living.
- Boosting self-esteem, the patient's improved self-image also enhances communication and relationships around him/her.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- These forms of treatments place an aim on recognizing triggers, controlling nervousness reactions and using deep alleviation methods.
- The patient is taught to direct themselves into a state of calmness or tranquillity and uses visualization or meditation to manage the stressors.
- Holistic therapies
- This treatment technique is designed to assist addicts to learn how to successfully manage their addiction apart from other techniques that are geared towards helping them.
- Expressing their feelings become more convenient for former addicts who find it difficult to express them before.
- Yoga, art therapy and equine therapy are some types of holistic therapy that may be beneficial in treating addictions.
To help the patient regain total wellness, several other treatment measure are supplied by the clinical abuse intervention agencies so as to handle the entire situation.
Is Addiction Counselling Necessary For Me
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
Actually, minority of people like the method of talking over and revealing long held agony and trauma, however, without doing the work fundamentally to divide the underlying problem that can be driving habit-forming manner, sobriety will probably be temporary.