Knowledge Of Fentanyl
It is a synthetically made drug, having a potency that is 50 to 100 times better than morphine. To relieve severe pain, such as during cancer treatment or after surgery Fentanyl is used which is a powerful pain reliever. An extremely potent opioid prescribed to patients who have already built a tolerance to other pain medications is Fentanyl. A high of addition is a huge risk factor due to the potency of Fentanyl. After one becomes tolerant to Fentanyl, they will subsequently need higher amounts to feel normal.
You can begin to overcome your addiction now 0800 772 3971.
Fentanyl usually meet the needs of the users in a number of forms.
Following are the few brand names and forms for Fentanyl
- Actiq - This form of Fentanyl is administered under the tongue like a lollipop as it comes as a lozenge on a plastic stick.
- It has some military applications and is used for patients who are already on pain-relieving medications.
- Duragesic - In the 1990s, this Fentanyl patch was introduced.
- Its effects can last for up to 3 days and it's prescribed to treat moderate to severe pain.
- Sublimaze - Commonly offered in hospitals and at times together with anaesthetics, this is the injectable preparation of Fentanyl.
- It is used to handle the pain before and after surgeries.
- Subsys - This refers to a sublingual spray that is put under the tongue to offer the fastest relief of pain.
- To grant relief to victims of excessive pain while treating cancer is the main objective of using this drug.
- Abstral - This drug is the tablet equivalent of Fentanyl and is also administered under the tongue to grant relief to people whose bodies do not respond positively to other pain relievers.
- Lazanda - Is a Fentanyl nasal spray which is administered in the same manner as a common nasal decongestant spray.
- Victims of cancer from the main group of people that this drug is meant for.
Fentanyl blocks the pain receptors in the brain and increases the production of the happiness-inducing chemical dopamine. TNT, China white, Crush, China girl, apache and dance fever are some of the other ways to call the drug.
You need to find help if you or if you think one of your loved ones are addicted to Fentanyl.
Effects Of Fentanyl Abuse
Despite the fact that it can be used on doctor's recommendation, people can become over dependent on the drug and use it to excess just as any other drug in that class.
The possibility of using the drug excessively can cause the possible outbreak of health issues as a result of using this drug recklessly.
An intense euphoria and sense of relaxation similar to a heroin "high" are experienced by those ingesting Fentanyl at unprescribed levels.
Symptoms of Fentanyl abuse might include
- Laboured breathing
- Blurred vision
- Nausea and sickness
To those without a tolerance to opioids, Fentanyl abuse is dangerous. If someone abuses the substance without a tolerance, then they already have increased the risk of overdosing.
By abusing Fentanyl it could result in respiratory system failing which can end in a fatal overdose.
The destructive power of Fentanyl is increased when it is combined with other addictive substances such as cocaine and heroin. This drug can lead to the death of the addict regardless of the purpose of its use.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Signs Indicating A Fentanyl Addiction
Fentanyl has a huge effect on the central nervous system, resulting in high levels of dopamine flooding and chemically affecting the brain with time. As a result of the neurochemical changes, someone using it as prescribed may become dependent on it and he/she may look for other means of acquiring it after finishing their prescription.
Dependent on this drug may be stimulated by using it recklessly.
Given that a number of patients don't accept the fact that Fentanyl is quite addictive, the chances of accidental and intentional abuse are heightened. Courtesy of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders' criteria for the diagnosis of substance abuse disorder, physicians can be able to precisely tell problematic behaviour for instance building a tolerance or when one suffers withdrawal symptoms.
Find out more about a Fentanyl addiction
Treatment For A Fentanyl Addiction
Even though it is not really life-threatening when stopping the use this drug by going cold turkey, it is not the best decision. Those who are addicted to Fentanyl mostly have a physical dependence to it, and the withdrawal symptoms could be quite painful. Inpatient and outpatient resources are offered by specialized treatment centres to help those addicted quit Fentanyl.
The severity of Fentanyl withdrawal might vary depending how much the drug is used and what form it is use in, withdrawal symptoms range from marked chills and irritability to restlessness and sweating.
Users are still vulnerable to potential relapse despite the typically non-lethal nature of Fentanyl withdrawal. Relying on a medical supervision of the withdrawal phase could make recovery easier and safer.
Get In Charge With A Phone Call To Us
Despite the difficulties, a Fentanyl addiction can be hard to overcome but it is possible to overcome any addiction. There are support groups to help those who are recovering all over the country. Begin breaking your addiction today.